(update 8/2/16 - we are no longer accepting applications)
We are growing again and are seeking a part time Production Assistant for our downtown Nashville studio!
Our small jewelry studio is growing and we are seeking a reliable and creative individual to join our production team! We are looking for someone who likes working with their hands, has a love of the handmade/indie craft scene, and has a high level of enthusiasm for creating quality products for our brand. Jewelry making experience is a bonus but not essential - we are willing to teach the right person. Main duties will be wire wrapping, hammering, sanding, and closing very small jump rings. While working we often listen to podcasts and jam out to 80's cheese and 90's hip hop Pandora stations. Sound fun? Read on!
- attention to detail is a MUST - we expect the highest level of craftsmanship in creation of our pieces!
- a quick learner with a willingness and enthusiasm for learning new techniques or just doing the same thing over and over again - it changes from week to week around here!
- a multitasker who can work at a fast pace in a fun, sometimes loud environment
- a positive attitude - we keep the drama to a minimum
- a friendly individual with good communication skills
- flexible with regards to schedules as they fluctuate with production demand.
- previous creative handmade experience is required (ex. sewing, drawing, ceramics, etc)
Your primary role will be fabricating and finishing jewelry. Other duties include packing shipments, calling customers, and occasionally vacuuming or taking out the trash. A willingness to drive to the closest post office occasionally is a plus.
Hours/Days: Part Time 4 days per week, 20 hrs per week - perfect work hours while you build your own craft business or write your next novel on the side! More hours are available from time to time, especially during the fall.
Schedule: Tuesday-Friday, 12-5
Compensation: based on experience, beginning at $12/hour
**Qualified applicants must be willing to start on a 2 week trial basis, after which we will determine whether or not you are a good fit for our team. Must be a legal citizen and sign a non-disclosure agreement.
Please send your resume to apply[at]freshieandzero.com with a one page cover letter. Your cover letter should include why this job sounds perfect for you and your qualifications specific to this position. Feel free to include any pertinent info (if you are experienced in graphic design, etsy, shopify, marketing, sales, Quickbooks - anything you want us to know!) If you have any jewelry experience, please include a link to samples of your work.
We look forward to hearing from you!!