Cue the robes, tassels and diplomas because graduation season is upon us. For this Fashion Friday we are focused on what to wear when you're not the one graduating. When dressing for this occasion there are four things to keep in mind:
1. Remember, you're not the star of the show, so it's important to avoid neon outfits, wild patterns and anything too flashy. It's always better to err on the conservative side as you will be surrounded by faculty, professors and of course parents and grandparents. We fell in love with this white, lacy dress because it's timeless and will keep you cool in the hot sun.
2. Wear comfortable shoes. As an attendee, you'll not only be walking a lot but also standing and possibly dancing at the graduation after party. It's important to choose footwear that you can wear for a long period of time and to stay away from super pointed heels (otherwise you'll be aerating the grass).
3. Pack the essentials. Graduation ceremonies tend to be long and are often are held outdoors, which means as a spectator, you need to be prepared for the sun and heat. We suggest sporting a large bag big enough to hold all the necessities - sunglasses, fan, water, snacks, etc.
4. Keep the accessories to a minimum. Once again, you don't want to wear anything too bold or gaudy. In terms of jewelry, we recommend earrings instead of necklaces because your pieces can be ruined by sweat coming into contact with them. Our Treble Earrings, shown above, are not only ideal for spectators but also serve as a perfect gift for graduates, incorporating classic freshwater pearls. Our handmade pair will be a gift they will enjoy for years to come.
5. Oversized sunglasses by NLY